The Nigerian Medical Association held her National Executive Council meeting in Benin City , Edo state from the 22nd to 28th August 2021.
(1) The various industrial disputes involving the different affiliates of the Association was exhaustively reviewed.
(2) Taking into cognizance the various agreements of the Affiliates, the Nigerian Medical Association and the Federal Government of Nigeria.
(3) After due consideration NEC put the Federal Government on a 21 days notice to fully resolve all the issues contained in the various agreements signed with Affiliate members of the Nigerian Medical Association (including MDCAN, MEDSABAMS and NARD).
(4) The Nigerian Medical Association fully supports all her Affiliates in their efforts to improve the Healthcare Delivery in Nigeria and the Welfare of her members.
(5) NEC affirms that no doctor shall be victimized for participating/not participating in the strike action by NARD.
(6) In the event that the FG fails to implement the agreements after the expiration of the 21- days notice, NMA shall summon an Emergency Delegate Meeting to review the progress made on the implementation of the agreements.
Prof Innocent AO Ujah, FNMA, FNAMed, mni Dr Philips Uche Ekpe
PRESIDENT SECRETARY GENERAL
Add a Comment